Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas and New Year has kept me busy. Making items for the shop and generally rushing about.
Creatively it's all been about pocket watches and ballet themed items. No big surprises there.
My latest idea, I call Bliss Boxes. Boxes full of things that I consider blissful!
I was playing around with an old hat box I'm repairing and came up with the idea of a box filled with reminiscences of a dancer's life.
I gathered together items that make me feel happy and arranged them in a hat-style box.
These ones contain a tulle skirt, a bunch of silk flowers, decorated ballet pointe shoes, pearl necklace, a vintage ballet print and a tiara comb to match the shoes.  Each one is different depending on what I find to feed my fancy.
They make my heart sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment